This course provides an overview of the important aspects of nuclear safety, security, and safeguards. Participants will learn about the different types of nuclear hazards and the measures that are taken to prevent accidents and ensure the safe and secure operation of nuclear facilities. You will also become familiar with topics related to nuclear security, including physical protection measures, cybersecurity, and emergency preparedness and response. In addition, participants will gain an understanding of nuclear safeguards, which are measures taken to prevent the proliferation of nuclear weapons. Delegates will understand the roles and responsibilities of different international organizations in ensuring nuclear non-proliferation, including the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and various national regulatory bodies. By the end of the course, participants will have a solid understanding of the key issues related to nuclear safety, security, and safeguards, and the measures that are taken to mitigate risks and ensure the peaceful use of nuclear technology. You will also gain insight into the latest developments and best practices in the field, and be better equipped to work in or with the nuclear industry.
This course will be delivered by an experienced nuclear professional who will guide the delegates through this complex topic using simple language, practical examples and discussion points.
- People who need to be able to discuss issues relating to nuclear safety, security and safeguards with confidence in the UK context
- Those who have experience in nuclear outside the UK who need to adapt to the UK context
- Individuals who might need to interact with organisations outside the UK and require an understanding of the international nuclear landscape
- One day intensive
- Interactive and discussion-based
- Led by experienced industry professionals